sábado, 19 de septiembre de 2009

And it breaks my heart

We went and visited Hogar de Las Niñas, a local girls' orphanage, to discuss volunteer opportunities with the director, and we've decided we're going to come on Saturday afternoons to sing songs or organise art projects. I can't wait to start working with these girls, because they're all so well-behaved, and apparently very starved for attention, because they only have four regular employees for thirty-five girls.

They are so cute and absolutely heartbreaking. I was talking to one of them, and she said she was born in May or July. It's definitely one of those things that's never even occurred to me--not knowing when you were born. I can't even imagine.

1 comentario:

  1. That poor little girl. That's so sweet, I wish I could volunteer to help an orphanage! I've always wanted to, but there are none nearby.

    ResponderBorrar