martes, 20 de octubre de 2009

That was awkward

I was at the deportivo today, waiting for my intercambio who was running late, and this guy starts talking to me, like, whatever, it's all good, I'm used to it now. Anyway, we chat for a bit, he doesn't seem that interesting, but that's okay, because look! Sara is here now.

I try to give him the brush off and he asks for my phone number, like any decent, persistent Mexican would. But I have still yet to actually learn my Mexican cell phone number, and he lost his phone. So he asks for Sara's number, and says he will text her and she can send him my number.

I find this a bit weird and borderline offensive (to Sara, not to me), but apparently people in Mexico do this quite often? Ah, cultural differences. Those white girls' numbers are valuable, y'know!

2 comentarios: